Friday 13 January 2017

A Year Has Passed.

Written a year ago but never published, this depicts my feelings at the time when once again love was lost...

Hurting To The Core . . .

 . . . trusting her completely
life & heart on the line . . .

. . . the blade goes in . . .

 . . blood on my sleeve 
once more,
struggling for air . . .

. . . swimming for shore . . .

. . . betrayed,
hurting,
to the core . . .

. . I'll never trust you now . .

 . . . a heart
once pure,
in love,
now so unsure . . .

 . . . 'I love you' . . .
 . . 'I am you, you are me' . .
. . 'You're mine forever now '. . .
. . . 'I'll never let you go' . . .

. . empty words,
reverberate
just another game
to the selfish impure . . .

. . 'I wanted to save you from her' . .

. . Oh really?
You're so much more worthy?

How to use a man . .
suck him in
chew him up
spit him out . .

. . thanks for being
my saviour
but it's nothing
to shout about,
it only lasted
eight weeks . .

. . next time
don't play games
with the life & heart
of another,
I'm someone's father
and I love her...

...you see...

...feeling depressed,
suicidal panic attacks,
ain't so good
for me,
I have
nothing left
to live for . . .

. . you took my career,
my love, my life . .

. . you played me!!!


   When 'I' come first there can be no room for the other, for love, for 'I' am the mind, the thinker, the selfish one . . and 'I' know not love that is of 'we', 'I' will always be too selfish to simply 'be' . . to love unequivocally, but 'I' will take the life, heart and soul of the other for the thrill of it, 'I' will suck them into my life, chew them up and at my leisure 'I' will spit them out . . that is selfishness at its cunning worse, it's the devil incarnate, and it is the enemy of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment